Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

  My very first post. It had to happen sometime! This blog is dedicated to my fear of turning 25. Or rather, it's dedicated to overcoming that fear and replacing it with certainty. This year will not bring a quarter life crisis, it will bring the certainty I seek in all endeavors.

  Along these lines, I created a list of goals that I would like to accomplish by D-day: October 7, 2011.

My Goals



- Go to a city I have never been to before
- Try something physically challenging that I haven’t done before (On deck: Polar Plunge January 29!)
- Save enough money for an exciting birthday trip (Disney World?)
- Feel better about myself- physically and mentally
- Go on a road trip (trips to Michigan and Ohio do not count)
- Find an opportunity to volunteer
- Connect with friends (sans facebook, and hopefully sans technology in general)
- Take care of myself- mentally, physically, and financially
- Be active within my chosen career path
- Go to a music festival
- Relearn Spanish
- Work on a hobby/craft and become good at it (On deck: sewing? knitting? crochet?)
- Run a 5k race
- Be able to do 25 push ups
- Be healthier than I am now (cholesterol, BMI, weight, fat %)
- Work on happiness project goals
- Become a meal planner and cooker (See next post on today's success!)
  **sub goal: get recipes on Kitchen Monki
- Have a routine for my days and weekends- ie stop wasting time!
- Explore Baltimore
- Make something from scratch that I normally buy (bagels, bread, crackers, etc)
- Learn to play Monopoly
- Take pictures in a photo booth
- Cook something that requires patience and a lot of time
- Tackle credit card debt
- Organize a party
- Get a great haircut

It's a long list, but many of these things can be accomplished pretty quickly and easily. Some of them are things I've always wanted to do, some of them are things that I feel I need to work on and get settled before the big day.

Here's to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment