Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gorgeous Snow, Yummy Food

The past two dinners I/we have made have been so good. Last night we made pizza with bbq sauce, shredded pork, caramelized onions, and gorgonzola cheese (inspired by this)  It was really simple but quite good. We bought the dough from Whole Foods. It was really good, and comes with two dough balls in a package. Next time I want to try making our own dough though.

Then tonight I made Bethenny's stuffed peppers (recipe here). So yummy! (Picture to come?)

Today was yet another snow day (making it the second one this week). I went over to watch Alex for a bit in the afternoon and give grandma a break. In an effort to break him away from the wii, I took him out to go sledding. Apparently we weren't the only ones with the idea! About five other neighborhood kids were out there too. Their area has the most amazing hill for sledding- I was so jealous! At one point Alex asked me to join him, but I was in the absolute wrong clothes for sledding. Next time, I'll be prepared.


The snow covered trees were stunning. The iphone 4 really takes great pictures.

It's really a great community asset to have this field. It's good for dogs, sledding, playing in the snow, bonfires...

In a related note, I really need to get some snow boots. Last December, after Blizzard #1, I thought to myself "You should get snow boots". And then I thought, "No, that's silly. It never snows that much here." Lo and behold, two months later, we have Snowmageddon, and I cursed my lack of snow boots. Fast forward to today. My b.o.c. boots leaked in water (through the toe stitching) while walking in the city. I wore my uggs outside with Alex, and they quickly started absorbing snow. My feet didn't get wet, but they definitely weren't warm! Last year I wanted to get these Merrell boots...maybe it's time to commit for real. Hmm...


wolve313632_4168_jb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment