Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Push Ups and Beer

This week, Natty Boh  returned to Baltimore bars on tap. I went to Brewer's Art with Susannah, Kathy, and Kara for their first tapping. It was a lot of fun, and definitely crowded. We had some delicious rosemary garlic fries, and we were actually there for a looong time. We had a lot to talk about I guess :) Nick was out with Nick M. and Eli, so eventually we met up with them at Maisy's. It was definitely a fun night, and I'm glad that I agreed to go out instead of my usual routine of sitting at home watching tv. I also got some cleaning done and did workout two of the Couch to 5K program. I'm still not sure I'll ever be a "runner" but I do feel good while I'm running, and I really want to do the Race for the Cure. Overall, it was a great, productive day!

Over the past few days, Nick watched Food Inc. on Netflix. Unsurprisingly, he was pretty disturbed by it and decided we should do our groceries at Whole Foods. Sounds good to me! Today I made tuna salad (with the hardboiled eggs I made yesterday) the way that my mom used to make it. I haven't had tuna salad that way (with celery, eggs, and some other random things) in a loooong time, but I'm excited to have it for lunch this week. I also finally got around to making oat bars, which has been on my list for a long time. They came out well, but I'll definitely be tweaking the recipe a bit next time (like maybe adding some brown sugar and cinnamon to add complexity).

My push-up plan is going well. I already see an improvement in my strength. Today I did 16 regular push ups! Also, before I could only get up to 20, even on my knees, but today I went all the way to 25. At this rate, I might need to increase my goal for my birthday! Hopefully :)

Overall, this was a great, productive weekend. Goals for the week: WORKOUT and DON'T SPEND MONEY and READ.

I realize I need to be better about photos to make this blog more interesting. I will work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment